Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Dr. Seuss Theme - March 2-6, 2015



In honor of Dr. Seuss Day we celebrated all week long with activities and adventures.  It is definitely a celebration I want to repeat in years to come. 



We read a lot of Dr. Seuss books this week. I am not sure why, but he really loves the Lorax. He wanted to read it while we were making breakfast.


We made Cat in the Hat pancakes with Green  Eggs (we didn't have any ham or bacon sadly).  He loved the red/ pink pancakes, but the white ones he didn't eat. Sometimes, I really don't get him because they were the exact same just one had food coloring.



We worked on some new skills this week. It is the first time I have given him a maze. It was a really simple follow the line maze, but he loved it and was really good at it. We also worked on more letter recognition with a color in the letters to make a picture. I am still having a hard time getting him to focus for longer than 5 - 10 minutes at a time, but as long as there is lots of variety I can get him to work on stuff.





We went to a special library program at a different library than we do story time at. They had a whole preschool and young elementary school program for Dr. Seuss. They did games, activities, and face painting. I really liked the fish sorting activity, the kids had to sort the goldfish by color before they could eat them. Some of the other activities were a little above his level, but he tried them. I love the face painting. He made a very good cat.




Later that afternoon we met up with AJ and went to Universal to do the Dr. Seuss area there. They had a special table set up to do some activities. It wasn't the most elaborate celebration at Universal, but I was glad they did something for it. Drew really liked it.





We also went to our normal story time. They were celebrating also. The kids made Cat Hats after stories and songs. The hats came out really cute. Drew wanted a picture with his friend Mia.

I really enjoyed this week. I found all kinds of neat ideas for next year, so hopefully it will be even more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment